Before your pet can be successfully treated for any malady, he or she must be accurately diagnosed, which is not as easy as it sounds. Our veterinarians have the reputation of providing some of the most precise pet diagnostics in Ottawa.
The first step in proper diagnostics is a good thorough history and full physical exam. The key to making pets healthy again is to come to conclusive diagnoses quickly and accurately from which we can then develop an effective treatment plan. To accomplish this successfully, we have advanced capabilities to perform further diagnostics. We are proud to have gold-standard diagnostic equipment, some of which is basic to many veterinary hospitals while other equipment is more advanced. This includes:
- Microscopy and cytology
–Capabilities for ear, blood, urine, discharge, skin tape/scrape/pluck, and parasite cytology
- Digitial dental and digital general radiology
- In-house urinalysis
–Automized urine stick, sediment analysis by microscopy, Urine Protein/Creatinine ratio, Urine Corisol/Creatinine Ratio
- Basic bloodwork technology
–Complete Blood Count, Biochemistry, Electrolytes
- Advanced bloodwork technology
-Specific Lipase, Basal Cortisol, Total T4, TSH, Leptospirosis assay, Parvovirus assay, FeLV/FIV assay, Triglycerides, AST, Bile Acids, Phenobarbital levels.
- IDEXX laboratory referral for further specialized blood test
- Ocular tonometry, fluoroscein, and tear tests, as well as diamond burr corneal debridement equipment
- SPO2, heart rate, blood pressure, respiration, temperature monitor
- Microchip identification